1) Log onto MediaSilo using your SSO and SSO password. If you do not have access, please contact email@example.com.
2) Create a project for a vendor to upload to if none exists. You may do so by clicking on the button.
3) Enter a “Name” and “Description” for your project. Click on the “Save” button.
4) Administer external uploaders to this folder by clicking on “Administration”.
5) If the external user does not exist, click the button. If the user already exists, skip to step 9.
6) Populate the following mandatory fields:
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- User Name using the format: firstname.lastname
- Set “Current Status” to Active
- Set “Type” to User
- Set “Default Role” to Uploader
7) Select relevant projects for the user to upload media to by clicking on the project, then choosing “Uploader” under the “Apply Role” dropdown.
8) Click on the button.
9) If the user already exists, click on their name within the "Administration" - "Users" pane.
a. You will see the checkbox to the left of their name turn blue. You may select multiple users if you are adding them all to the same project.
b. Click “Actions” and then “Add to project”
c. A pop up menu will allow you to assign the user(s) to a project.
10) The external user will now see this project folder upon logging into MediaSilo.
You may download this article in PDF format using the link below: