Who can share a link? Users with Manage Access permissions.
What type of links can you send?
- Password-protected links (open to anyone, no FineCut account needed)
- Links limited to FineCut users or groups*
How can you customize your link?
- Edit to give the link a custom name by clicking the edit icon
- Assign an expiration date/time or maximum number of views (counted as per browser session or different computers used)**
- Create a 10 character password
*Please note that this feature allows you to override the content's permissions settings in the User Access submenu.
**If a user refreshes the same browser window, that does not count as a visit but if the user loads the link on another browser on the same computer or on another computer all together, that will count as a visit.
- Log into airship.nbcuni.com
- Open the file you wish to share
- Click the Links tab
- Click Create Link button
- Customize the link name, password, Availability date, expiration date, and/or maximum number of visits
- Click Save
- Click "Email link" or "Copy link to clipboard"
After saving the link, you will be directed to the Links overview page. Users can navigate to 'Actions' to create a pre-populated email for the link (1), copy the share link (2), modify the link (3), or delete the link (4).
- Users and groups assigned to the link will have visibility to the content via the link and within the apps while honoring the link expiration settings.
- If an expiration date is set on the link, the archive date on the underlying item takes priority over the expiration rules.
- If an expiration date time zone is not explicitly set, the time zone will default to that of the user creating the link.
To immediately expire a link, you can delete it or set its expiration date to a past date and a message will appear to users attempting to access the expired link that the link has expired.
The Airship user will be able to compose an email with a single click on "email link" or copy link to clipboard.
Or they can tap on the mail action from the list of links:
Logging and Tracking
- FineCut users are tracked back to their accounts.
- Anonymous (non-FineCut users) are tracked via their IP (providing geography), time of view and how many times they viewed the content.
Please sign in to leave a comment.