Troubleshooting video playback:
Check your ISP Performance:
The Video Quality Report sheds a light on what kind of performance your Internet Service Provider (ISP) typically delivers, how various providers stack up in your area, and what other factors play a role in video performance.
Perform an internet connection test on their iOS app by going to Settings > Internet Connection Test. See Check the internet speed from FineCut app article.
Check your browser:
Find out if your browser is updated
- Go to whatbrowser.org and you’ll see what browser you are currently using.
- If you see “This is the most current version,” your browser is already updated!
- If you see “There is a newer version,” click the Update your browser button and download the newest version of your browser.
Finally, close all other tabs and windows in your browser.
Lower the video bitrate:Select the Gear icon and change the video quality from "Better" to "Good". See Check the internet connection speed from FineCut app.
Update Adobe Flash player
Some videos on YouTube are streamed through Adobe Flash Player, a plug-in for your web browser. Having the latest version of Adobe Flash Player ensures the best viewing experience.Here’s how to upgrade to the latest version:
- Check your Flash Player version
- Download the latest version
- Exit your browser once you’ve downloaded the file
- Open the Adobe Flash Player Installer on your computer to complete the installation process
Clear cache and cookies:
Cookies, which are files created by websites you’ve visited, and your browser’s cache, which helps pages load faster, make it easier for you to browse the web.Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies means that website settings (like usernames and passwords) will be deleted and some sites might appear to be a little slower because all of the images have to be loaded again.
Update your computer:Your computer is up to date when you've installed the latest updates for Windows and your programs. To check for Windows updates, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, clickWindows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates.
- If you're not already there, launch the 'Browser' app on your device
- Press your device's < Menu > button
- Select More
- Select Settings
- Exit and reload the site you were trying to access in Browser
- On your device's home screen, tap Settings
- Tap Safari
- Tap 'Advanced'
- Exit and reload the site you were trying to access in Safari
Article is closed for comments.