Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to this NBCUniversal Media, LLC ("NBCU") site. NBCU, its parent, subsidiaries and its affiliated companies maintain this site (the "Site") in order to facilitate access by approved users to NBCU resources and materials (the "Materials").
If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the site.
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is subject to copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as expressly provided for (i) in these Terms, (ii) in any separate agreement you have with NBCU, (iii) by the prior written permission of NBCU, and/or (iv) by express consent from NBCU when granting you access to this Site. NBCU neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with NBCU.
- Your use of the Site and Materials displayed on the Site is limited to the specific use for which you were granted access to the Site.
- By registering for an account with NBCU you are agreeing to allow NBCU to DIGITALLY WATERMARK any screeners or materials that you are granted access to, making it forensically traceable to you. This SECURE DIGITAL SCREENER is on loan for viewing by you, the member, for the purpose of viewing its content for business purposes. NBCU reserves the right to cancel your account or recall possession of the DIGITAL SCREENER at any time. Do not duplicate, publicly perform, loan, rent, sell, give away or otherwise transfer to any third party for any reason. UNAUTHORISED USE MAY BE SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION.
- Except for authorised changes necessary for localisation purposes or where otherwise authorised by NBCU, no changes may be made to the Materials downloaded from the Site without NBCU’s prior written approval. All copyright and other proprietary notices must be retained on such Materials at all times.
- Your permission to access the Site and download Materials from it is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use such materials (except, where necessary, fellow employees of the same company). You agree to keep your user name and password confidential, to use all reasonable endeavours to prevent unauthorised access to the Site by third parties and to notify NBCU immediately if you become aware that an unauthorised person has accessed or is able to access the Site. You must notify NBCU as soon as possible if you cease to be employed by the same company or no longer require access to the Site.
- While NBCU uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information, resources and materials in the Site, NBCU makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. NBCU assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. If content on the Site is not accurate or up to date, you will not be responsible for any claims arising from the use of such inaccurate information.
- Unless otherwise agreed, your use of the Site and any Materials downloaded from it are at your risk. Neither NBCU nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. NBCU also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any Materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- The Trade Marks and logos (collectively the "Trade Marks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of NBCU or other third party owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trade Marks displayed on the Site without the prior written permission of NBCU or such third party. You are also advised that NBCU will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold NBCU and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses (including loss of profits and/or reputation) costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms. You may not settle any claim that may affect any Indemnified Party without that party's prior written consent. NBCU reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to co-operate with NBCU's defence of such claim.
- The Site is controlled and operated for NBCU in the United States. Unless you have been granted specific authorisation for a particular location or country, NBCU makes no representation that the Materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries.
- In the event that this Site contains links to any other sites ("Linked Sites"), then whether or not NBCU is affiliated with such Linked Sites, NBCU shall not be responsible for their content. The Linked Sites are for the user’s convenience only, and the user assumes all risk associated therewith. The information and opinions expressed in any Linked Sites are not necessarily those of NBCU and its related entities or content providers, and NBCU makes no representations or warranties regarding such information and/or opinions.
- NBCU reserves the right, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. NBCU may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Site without notice or penalty.
- You acknowledge and agree that in connection with your use of the Site you must: (a) provide for your own access to the World Wide Web and pay any service fees associated with such access, and (b) provide all equipment necessary for you to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer, software, a modem and a working telephone line. NBCU shall not be responsible for any malfunctions, errors, crashes or other adverse events that may occur from your use of the Site.
- Use of the Site shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California.
- If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- NBCU reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms at any time, so you are encouraged to review these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of this Site and the Materials following the posting of changes to these Terms shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.